Green Energy Management was founded by Mr. Gary Williams in 2011. We are located in Forest, VA committed to servicing the Lynchburg / Roanoke area. Green Energy Management is a subsidiary of Williams and Son Builders / Contractor and Developer, “Class A” contractor servicing southwest Virginia for over 35 years.
Our qualifications include:
- Licensed / Insured and workman’s comp.
- Expertise in a variety of building trades.
- Located in the Lynchburg area.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Lowers heating and cooling costs year round
- Reflects 97% of the radiant heat
- Durable and lightweight
- Fiber free Non-toxic / non-carcinogenic
- Made in the USA
- Maintenance free
- Class A / Class 1 Fire Rating
The reflective technology behind Energy Blankets:
Infrared, or radiant heat, is invisible. If you hold a mirror up to the sun, and reflect the light on your arm, you will feel the radiant heat on your arm. If you place the mirror between the light and your arm, you will no longer feel the heat. The same concept applies to your home. In the summer, without the Energy Blanket,
the sun beats down on your house all day. The radiant heat enters through the roof and ceilings, causing your air conditioner to work harder to cool the house. This creates escalated energy costs. With the Energy Blanket, this same radiant heat reflects off the blanket and escapes through the roof, leaving your home cooler and reduces the amount of time the air conditioner runs. This results in lower energy costs.
The Energy Blanket has emissive properties that help save energy costs in the winter, as well. Like wrapping a potato in aluminum foil, it helps keep the stored heat from emitting out of the potato and turning into radiant heat. Applying this to the home, the Energy Blanket prevents the heat from emitting through the attic and roof, again, saving you energy costs and aids in maintaining the comfort of your home.
Examples of reflective technology being used today:
Reflective barriers are a proven technology widely used in a variety of industries.
- Architects use reflective barriers, many times, on windows and roofs of tall buildings.
- NASA uses this technology to reflect extreme radiant heat waves from satellites and astronauts.
- Anyone who uses sun shields on the windshield of their car, knows the benefits of reflecting radiant heat away from the interior of their vehicle.
- Aluminum barriers are also widely used in the food and beverage industry for packaging.
- Product is a double-sided pure aluminum foil with inner woven polyethylene lining.
- Weight 28.6lb per 1,000 square foot roll +/- 2%
- Tensile Strength test method ASTM D-828
- Machine Direction 83.7lb/in width
- Cross Direction 70.1lb/in width
- Flame Spread10 ASTM E84
- Fire Rating class A/ class 1 ASTM E84
- Smoke Development10 ASTM E84
- Water Vapor Permeability 72g/m 2/24hr; 14 perms ASTM E96
- Temperature Range-76°F to 212°F ASTM C411
- Thermal Properties emissivity 0.03 (reflects 97% of infrared heat) ASTM E408
- Delamination All Foil products are manufactured using heat roller welding, not adhesives; the product layers are actually fused together so delamination is NEVER an issue with our products.
All testing done via: UNITED STATES TESTING COMPANY, INC.